Getting to know each other
We know meeting someone for the first time can be intimidating, and going to a new church for the first time can be nerve-racking. We want to help make your first experience at Harvest Church a great one!
Harvest Church meets every Sunday at 10 am
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
Harvest Church is located at 1417 28th Avenue, Fairbanks, AK 99701
What can I expect?
Harvest has a friendly team of ushers that will greet you at the door, help you find a comfortable seat, and answer any questions.
You don’t need any “special” knowledge or clothing to come to a worship service. Just come as you are.
Harvest’s worship services are pretty simple:
- You can expect someone to open the service with a greeting and a short prayer.
- After that, there is usually a time of singing worship songs with the church’s music group leading. During this time of singing, you may stand or sit, it’s up to you. The words to the songs are displayed on two large screens, so you can sing along if you like.
- Following the singing, someone will make a few church-related announcements and then encourage attendees to give their tithes or offerings to support the church and its outreaches. There is no obligation to give — you are free to give or not.
- Finally, someone, usually the pastor or other church leader will share a message from God’s Word that you can apply in everyday life. Often the speaker will close the sermon with a prayer. On certain occasions this prayer might include prayer for people in the room.
- After the worship service, we welcome you to stay and talk to others. We are thrilled that you came, and we would like to get to know you better.
What's the culture like at Harvest Church?
Sundays at Harvest are friendly, casual, and inviting. Come as you are and expect to feel welcomed as our guest.
What about my kids?
We provide nursery care (0-2 years) upstairs in the main building starting at the beginning of service.
Preschoolers (ages 3-4) and Elementary kids (ages 5-8) are invited to the Kid's Clubhouse at the beginning of service, where they will worship together, have Bible lessons and fun. The Pre-Teens (ages 9-12) are currently participating in the main service.
We believe that having children shouldn't disqualify you from being able to attentively worship and grow. We also believe that children are just as much a part of the body of Christ as adults.